Six Places Must Visit in Ngatpang State
NGIMIS TRADITIONAL VILLAGE
- Take a walk on the Ngimis village traditional stone path to visit all the areas that once was a small community within the village
- Also visit the RAIN GOD Stone face, and enjoy the tranquility and serene environment that once was a very crowded community of Ngatpang in the past.
- Visit the Ngatpang Community Local Food market
- Also you can visit and dip in the cold waters of the Tabecheding River and just relax on a hot day.
- Take a hike up the hill to visit WWII ruins such as, Old Japanese communication center and Japanese shrines.
Get on the motor boat or a kayak and visit the biggest watershed in the entire Palau, the famous Ngarmeduu Bay, and see firsthand the thick mangrove forest and different habitats of living things. Ngarmeduu bay is a candidate to the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
KAMESANG DOCK/OLTERUKEL(MARINE PAN SITE)
This you’ll need a life jacket; a 45mins to 1hr and half kayak bird watching tour, paddle thru the small islands in front of Kamesang Dock and let your eyes and ears enjoy the sights and sounds of the array of marine birds within the island and also your eyes will enjoy more because you can see different species of fish, sea grass and invertebrates along your kayak tour.
In between your tours, stop by at the Taiwan Farm and relax and experience how the farmers cultivate each crop and also the taste some refreshing fresh fruits before you go to your next tour in Ngatpang.
NABEYAMA AQUACULTURE FARM
Take a 30 mins tour in the Palau’s first multi-species aquaculture farms situated in the mangrove right in the border of Ngimis and Ngerdubech village.